Planning to visit Bengaluru for your next trip? Here’s what you should do: first, check out our amazing flight offers to Bangalore from USA on Airfare Booking and second, read up for handy tips to travel like the locals do before booking your flight tickets! Ready to go on a wonderful journey and explore Bengaluru at its best? Find out what you are in for below!
Handy Travel Tips To Explore Bengaluru Like A Local
Since Bengaluru is a modern metro city, you need to keep a few things in mind before your visit. Here’s what they are.
- The airport is 40 km away from the city. Keep this fact in mind before booking your accommodations so you can travel with ease and in enough time to reach to and from the airport.
- You can find government – approved taxis outside the airport, unlike the other airports in India. So don’t walk to the prepaid taxi booths inside the airport as they charge a higher fare. Brands of Meru, Mega, etc. will use their cab meters to charge you the right fare.
- Rainy season in Bengaluru begins from May where it comes down heavily, to only light showers in the evenings of November. Plan your travel according to the climate and peak season of the city as it is renowned for having the perfect weather all year round.
- Bengaluru is known as the Garden City of India because the ideal weather helps in maintaining the greenery in the city while it washes everything clean. You can expect to find clean broad lanes and well –maintained gardens and public parks all around you.
- Apart from the countless foreigners settling down in the city, the population mostly consists of young working professionals and students. The reason we’re telling you this is because the city is famous for its pub and nightclub scenes. It is also very safe for women to travel alone at night.
- There are many local microbreweries if you want to try out some good – quality beer. So go get yourself unbelievable travel deals USA to India on Airfare Booking immediately and try it out yourself!
- The city has its own underground rock / alternative music, as a sub – genre called Bangalore Rock.
- The city is worthy of being the 3rd on the list of Lonely Planet’s top 10 cities to visit in the world.
- The rules are stricter in Bengaluru as compared to other Indian cities. That means that you need to keep the city clean, follow the traffic rules and avoid breaking laws of any kind during your visit.
- If you want to go window – shopping, we suggest hitting up one of the countless malls of Bengaluru. Particularly the Phoenix Market City as it has most of the famous western brands like Zara and Aldo.
- But if you want to go shopping like a local, you need to go to Commercial Street or Brigade Road for products at steal – worthy prices. Do not forget to bargain the heck out for every product you buy. Quoting a 3rd of the price that the shopkeeper said would be a great start!
- If you want to get souvenirs for yourself or your loved ones back home, stroll around the MG (Mahatma Gandhi) Street for incredible cashmere shawls, international food items, quilts and more. You can take a rickshaw from the City Center to reach here. It should not cost you more than Rs. 40 but most of them will not use a meter.
- If you aren’t that eager to try out the local food, there are many western food brands available in the city, such as TGIF, Hard Rock Café, Chili’s, McDonalds, KFC and Subway. While these are great for tried and tested food items, we would undoubtedly recommend going for the local south Indian cuisine as it simply has too many delicious dishes to not be skipped on.
So don’t wait and get affordable flight offers from USA to India on Airfare Booking today to make your travel plans concrete! Start exploring – secure your trip!