Are you traveling to India this summer season? The summer season starts in April and lasts till June after which the monsoons prevail in all parts of the nation. India celebrates many festivals throughout the year and with the start of the summer months comes the one day-long Ugadi festival. The festival is celebrated mainly in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Karnataka. India is a sanctuary for curious travelers, historic buffs, adrenaline junkies, and all sorts of travelers looking for an escape from their daily lives. You can find all sorts of exciting things to do here from wildlife safaris to adventure sports, from serene beaches to amazingly picturesque treks and much more. But if you want to see Indian culture at its best then taking part in the national festivals is a must.
Airfarebooking brings you international flight tickets from US to India at pocket-friendly rates so that you can book flights to India with ease. Ugadi, the festival of beginnings, is celebrated on the first day of Chaitra month according to the Hindu Lunar Calendar. Just like Ugadi in the South, Maharashtra also observes the Gudi Padwa festival to mark the beginning of the New Year. Let’s have a look at all the fun things that you can expect on this special day.
Ugadi Festival – Important Points to Know
The term Ugadi is a combination of two words “Yug” and “Adi”. The individual words mean “age” and “beginning” and hence, Ugadi means, beginning of a new age. Like all Hindu festivals, the Ugadi festival is also celebrated with great passion and enthusiasm. Here are the key points to note for this amazing festival.
- The festival is celebrated on the first day of Chaitra month according to the Hindu calendar.
- It will be celebrated on April 2 in 2022.
- People take customary oil baths and also bathe the idols of gods and goddesses in oil.
- They pray to the almighty gods for the well-being and prosperity of their families.
- Temples are filled with devotees coming to say their prayers.
- The houses, streets, offices, and all the other buildings are decorated with mango festoons and fresh flowers.
- There are many significances of the Ugadi festival. The astronomical significance is that a new cycle will start from this day.
- The legend of the festival is that people celebrate the creator God Brahma who started forming the Universe on this day.
- The festival also marks Mother Nature’s regeneration. The trees start growing new leaves and the ‘blue planet’ is recovering itself with help from the sun.
- The day of the festival is considered auspicious and many such new things like businesses, house construction, and such are started on these days.
Airfarebooking brings you affordable flight tickets to India from USA to make your flight journeys cost-effective and enjoyable. Ugadi festival has many interesting things to look out for in 2022. Have a look at what you can expect to see at this Ugadi festival.
Ugadi Festival – Interesting Things
The temples, houses, and businesses are decorated with flowers and mango leaves. One can see beautiful rangolis made in the front to welcome positivity into the lives of people. People get up early to offer their prayers and heartfelt thanks to the Sun God. And afterward, they consume Ugadi Pachadi, a dish made specifically for the festival. Temples witness innumerable visitors coming to deliver their prayers and wishes for an eventful New year also. Astrologers and Pandits make their annual forecasts depending on the moon sign. The priest in the temple (or eldest member of the family) reads the Panchanga Sravanam for the welfare of everyone.
It is important to know that the festival lasts a single day. If you are looking to travel at the last minute then grab affordable business class travel deals on Airfarebooking to make your journey comfortable and inexpensive. Visit our website to compare the hundreds of flights going towards your destination and choose the perfect one for you. You can also reach out to us on 1-866-235-8886 (Toll-Free) for hassle-free bookings.