The fight against COVID-19 is an ongoing battle and many countries are heavily monitoring the spread rate with regional variations. India has reported a change in the daily positivity rate of samples. As of 10th Feb, the proportion of samples returning positive has come down to 4.4% from 20.75% on January 24, 2022. More than 14 districts have a positivity rate of over 10% and nearly 160 districts have a positivity rate between 5% and 10%.
Seeing the conditions, the Indian government has decided to do away with restrictions imposed on international travel and also with the list of ‘at-risk’ countries. The new guidelines will be in practice from 14th February 2022. Before having a look at the travel restrictions, if you are planning to surprise your partner, then take them on a getaway vacation in India. Book cheap flight tickets from US to India on Airfarebooking and make your trip memorable as well as cost-effective. Scroll and see the before arrival, during flight, and after arrival guidelines for international travelers coming to India.
- Submit the complete self-declaration form on Air Suvidha Portal that includes your 14 days travel information prior to the departure date.
- Submit the undertaking on the portal stating that they will abide by the concerned authority’s decision and undergo self/home/institutional quarantine if required.
- Abide by the list of Do’s and Don’ts provided by the airline or concerned agency.
- Airlines will allow only those travelers to board who have no symptoms of COVID prior to the flight departure.
- Every traveler is required to download the Aarogya Setu App.
- Follow precautionary measures at airports and during transit.
- The airline’s crew will ensure that proper COVID-19 procedure is followed and proper announcements are to be made regarding the boarding procedure and the testing requirements.
- Ensure physical distancing when you are deboarding the flights.
- Airport staff will conduct thermal screening and also the self-declaration form is to be shown to the concerned authorities.
- 2% (a subsection) of total passengers will be selected randomly and undergo post-arrival testing.
- The travelers that will undergo testing are to be selected by the airline and informed beforehand.
- They can leave after giving their samples for testing like other passengers.
- The passengers that are found symptomatic during thermal screening will be isolated as per protocols and the travelers whose report comes positive after testing will also be isolated according to the protocol.
- Travelers have to self-monitor their health for the next 14 days.
- If symptoms of COVID are generated in the travelers during their self-monitoring then they have to contact a health facility nearest to them or call on the National helpline Number 1075. They can also call the State helpline number in whichever state they are in.
These are the important points of the new guidelines that are issued by the Indian government and will go into practice from 14th February 2022. The government’s decision of quarantine-free travel is sure to boost the morale of travelers from many nations and also give a boost to the airlines’ industry. If you are also planning a trip to India then get last minute flight tickets to India on Airfarebooking at the lowest rates and without compromising the quality of your in-flight services.
Have a look at some important points that one needs to keep in mind.
- Children under the age of five are exempted from COVID testing. This includes both before departure and after arrival testing.
- If such children are found to have symptoms then the standard protocols will be followed.
- Quarantine-free travel is only allowed for fully vaccinated travelers coming from nations that either have an agreement with India for the acceptance of vaccines and vaccination certificates of national or WHO-recognized vaccines.
- International arrivals on seaports and land ports will have to provide their Self Declaration forms to the concerned authorities available and the rest other procedure is the same as mentioned above.
Airfarebooking wishes for you to have a safe trip. It is advisable to book flights early to get the lowest flight fares with amazing deals and offers to make your trips cost-effective. But do not worry, as we provide super-saver deals so that you can always get reasonable and affordable fares for your international flights without compromising the quality of services. Call us on 1-888-275-0882 (Toll-Free) and get up to 55% discount on flight fares.