Good news is around the corner for all of India. Though the scheduled international flights are still suspended till 28th February 2022, the talk of them opening soon, and the government normalizing air travel is not so far. Airfarebooking brings you the latest information to keep you updated and pre-plan your vacation to/from India. You can always count on us to provide you with the best offers on last minute flight tickets to India with amazing travel packages for an exhilarating vacation. Let us have a look at the events and the measures of the Indian Government regarding the airlines’ industry of India.
- India enters the first lockdown phase in March 2020. The airline’s sector gets affected like other sectors.
- India enters a bilateral bubble arrangement with different nations and starts special international flights.
- The Indian Government issues travel guidelines and restrictions for international travelers coming to India.
- The DGCA issued a statement in November 2021 to normalize air travel starting from December 15, 2021.
- The decision was rescinded with the emergence of Omicron, a new COVID variant.
- India issues stricter guidelines for international arrivals, especially from the countries that were in ‘At-Risk’. The list was dynamic and updated from time to time.
- The COVID situation in India improves with high recovery and low fatality rate.
- The Indian Government eases restrictions on international travelers coming to India and also does away with the list of ‘At-Risk’ nations.
- The DGCA issued a statement in which the halt on scheduled international flights is continued till 2359 hrs 28th February 2022.
- The all-cargo flights and flights which are pre-approved by the DGCA do not fall under this and will continue operating normally.
These are the important points and events one should take note of before traveling to/from India. Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia indicated the international flights will be normalized soon. Recently, the domestic airlines operated 2,058 flights on Sunday (13th February 2022) and are expected to soon reach the 80% mark of pre-covid daily flights. The domestic airlines ran more than 2,800 flights daily in India. The Aviation Ministry is discussing the matter of normalizing air travel with the Home and Health Ministries and is keeping the safety of travelers and others as the priority.
Do not worry, about whether the flights normalize soon or not, Airfarebooking is here to aid you in looking for affordable flight tickets to your destination online. If you are traveling to India for professional reasons then business class flight tickets to India and travel comfortably. It is always advisable to book international flights early to get the lowest prices and your favorite seats, but Airfarebooking offers more with bumper deals and special packages to make your personal and professional travels cost-effective. You can reach out to us on 1-888-275-0882 (Toll-Free) or make use of the live chat platform available on our website to connect with our travel agents and book flight tickets conveniently.