Have you ever flown with an Indian airline and wondered about the baggage policy? This article will help you know about the comprehensive Air India Baggage Allowance guide. Air India normally operates a total of 120 aircraft. Passengers should be aware of the airline’s baggage policies before boarding. Furthermore, this article will serve as a guideline for the baggage rules of Air India. It will also explain checked bag allowance and additional fees.You should know more about affordable Business Class Travel Deals as it will help to lower your traveling expenses.
Air India is one of the best Indian airlines. Air India offers different baggage allowances to its passengers. This allowance depends on the ticket class, route and status of the flyer. Let us learn about the different types of baggage allowance.
- Cabin Baggage : If a passenger is carrying a small bag or suitcase then it comes under cabin baggage. Additionally, the allowance varies depending on your ticket class. There are two types of ticket classes:
- First and Business Class: Passengers in these categories are generally allowed two pieces of cabin baggage. Total weight limit should not exceed 8 kilograms (17 pounds).
- Economy Class: Passengers in these categories are generally allowed one piece of cabin baggage. The weight limit should not exceed 7 kilograms (15 pounds). As a reminder, please ensure the dimensions of your luggage to avoid any issues at security and boarding.
- Checked Baggage: Checked baggage allowance for Air India passengers varies depending on the fare type and destination. There are two types of flights: domestic flights and international flights.
- Domestic Flights: Domestic Flights have two classified ways to determine the baggage allowance. In the Economic class, the range of the baggage allowance is between 15 kg (33 lbs) to 25 kg (55 lbs). On the other hand, business class passengers can travel within 35 kg (77 lbs) of baggage allowance.
- International Flights: In International flights, there are two determining factors: the allowance is based on the route and the type of services. Generally, Allowance for passengers traveling in economy class is 20–30 kilos (44–66 pounds). Business and First Class passengers enjoy more interesting offers
- Special Baggage: In addition to cabin and checked baggage, special baggage has some special allowances and fees. Some items, including sports, music, and medical equipment, are classified under the special baggage allowance. If you are carrying such an item, it is advisable to contact Air India.
Excess Baggage Fees
It would be wise to check your luggage if it exceeds the prescribed weight limit. The weight of your luggage should not exceed the limit as it may lead to paying extra fees. These charges vary depending on the weight and size of your luggage. It also depends on the travel route. For future reminders, always check the current charges on the Air India website. You can also call customer care for more information.
Special Packing Tips
Consider these tips for packing your luggage smartly to avoid excess baggage fees and maximize your luggage allowance:
- Pack Smart: Be mindful of weight and size limits. Use the luggage scales to check your bags before you go to the airport. Before leaving for the airport, it is advisable to check your bag with the luggage scale. Keep in mind the weight and size limits of your luggage.
- Travel Light and Use Compression Bags: You can use compressed bags. Consider packing only the essentials as this helps save space in your suitcase.
- Check Special Items: If you are traveling with sports equipment or any other luggage, you should research Air India’s policies and charges beforehand.
Finally, passengers should be aware of Air India’s baggage allowance policies. This helps avoid unexpected charges and difficulties on your trip. Always check specific baggage rules, as they may change or be updated over time. To make luggage allowance efficient, always be informed and pack accordingly.You can also check cheap airline tickets to India from Canada as well on airfarebooking.ca. It will help your traveling expense budget.